WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Yeah about that.
You will. Sorry peaches, but you can't deny your father or your name. I have tried. Does not quite work that way.

Point 1- My Name. Rather my maiden name is not all that common. It also happens to be the name of a liberal arts schools that was once an all girls school. Sorry, OUR Vassar Girls are more elite than the schools.

Point 2- My Father. He is quite the enigma. He is worth 30 blog posts. Let me just say this about my parentage. I can set an appropriate table, wear Nana's Pearls while I run cat 5 and phone line AND navigate your sorry ass out of the swamp. There will be a gourmet dinner at camp. We may shop later.Wear appropriate shoes.

The thing is when I was younger I wanted to get as far away from these two as I could. I ran screaming. I screamed so loud and long they told the MR NOT to Marry Me. Dumbass did not listen.

Funny thing is, poor Jules, had she just married the sot, and weathered the storm, her parents would have come around ( HEY THIS IS MY STORY)and there would have been no poisoned drama at the ol crypt. She could have thrown back some vino at Christmas Eve with her mom and compared notes on grandkids.

Our parents are who we are . Who we will becomwe. I look forward to the day that I am my paarents and my inlaws age. They are not slowing down. We keep them young. And we treasure who they are, who they were, who they taught us to be, and who we will become because of them. They color everything about us. We want to be the grandparents they are.

When I was growing up, I had a very immediate family. My Nana lived with us. I had no other really close family. I now have a large extended family. Partly because my hubs has such a large family, partly because THIS IS THE MOST FERTILE FAMILY beyond the Duggars. I kid you not.


I need to close and welcome Mia Gabrielle Meyers. Born Jan 4th. I hear she looks like a Monchichi.

4 comments:

  1. My cousin. On Bill's side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I too hope to be just like my parents and father in law. Shhhh don't tell anyone I said that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your cousin on Bill's side! (check your fb inbox...I messaged you. NOT massaged you.)

    ReplyDelete