WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

HOT DONUTS and bad service.




I see that I have not posted since New Years Eve. No , I am NOT still hungover, just major busy and that does not look like it will change. However, I managed to sneak in a weekend away AND a day trip.
I'll blog about the weekend later. It was windy and cold but I SCORED at the Liz outlet.

Anyhoo, today was FREE FEE day at some of our National Parks. They do this from time to time and will be doing so again later in the year. It was actually a 3 day thing. From Saturday to Monday but I do have a JOB so we went today.

Now any of you that know any of my family knows that even a trip to Wal-Mart can be migraine inducing and have mommy screaming for the GOOD Vodka. Today was no exception. We had to take a long circuitous route to son # 2's house to get son # 1. Because son #1 has a truck that gets 2 miles to the gallon. Well and it currently has no brakes. Minor details.

Now Mr Red has no sense of direction at all. Which is ok , because my nickname is Magellan. ( look him up, I'll wait.) Sometimes though when you have young adult males giving you directions ,all is not as it seems. Or as they describe it. At least the white church was still there. After obtaining aforementioned son and getting back to civilization we headed for eats. Now I thought since today was all ready not going so well, let's go somewhere we know. Since we were in downtown Charleston, I figured "Tiny Condom's" was a good bet. Please note: that is not the actual name of the pub but since this goes from ok to bad to gross, I will not outright name them.

We park, we get seated, we order. We get our appetizers.

IRISH NACHOS

SHE CRAB DIP.


Then our server just vanished. POOF. Like he never even existed. After getting another nice server ( WOO HOO GARRET!) to bring our food and refill our drinks , I decided to go potty.
Now folks, this is not some dive. This is a really nice pub in the historic district that is not cheap.. I was not expecting the foul level of Dante's Hell that I encountered upon entering the loo. I usually do not complain , but I did find a manager on that one. We won't be back. EVAH.


We did manage to catch the Hot Donut Sign on at Krispy Kreme on the way home though. If you have not ever had a KK right the eff off the conveyor belt and experienced that particular foodgasm, I am so sorry that you lead such a meaningless and pitiful existence. Truly. I was trying to pay my son $100 to ask them if I could bathe in the glaze waterfall. Really, I did. Maybe there is a reason my kids are so odd....
I took pichurs for ya though...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are such a hot mess!! I mean that in the good way.
    I actually HATE KK donuts... Well, and plain glazed donuts. Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose. If you send me the GOOD vodka.
    I do not hold people's food taste's against them. Unless it has to do with Paula Deene.

    JK! HA AH. Not really but thanks for the kudos! We can be friends! YAY!

    ReplyDelete