WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mother's Day Post.


Boots is a very private person. Yes I said Boots. That is her nickname. Seriously. She has a big girl name. Sadly it shares the same name as my resident ghost. There could be all kinds of psychological insight there. But this is a post about my mom. Not the remnants of whatever that lives in my attic.

ANYMYMOMROCKSWHATEVER, I am writing this from a viewpoint my sisters do not have. Yeah Lynn is a mom and all... TO THE CUTEST RUBY IN THE WORLD, but she has not gotten to the point of watching her chicks fly the nest, become adults, have their hearts broken, have babies themselves and generally spend all my money. Her day is coming.

My mom has done all that. Now she was NOT my Labor Coach. My hubby was. But she was there until we kicked her out. I found out some years later that was or maybe was not for her own good. When Maddie was born ( my first grand, my heart, my favorite lil kid ) I saw parts of her mother I had not seen for years. But I will never forget how awesome it was when the Doc said "She looks just like Grandma". Excuse me , I have a tear.

She does. Look like me. So does Haley. And Haley's little sister. And we all look like mom. My sisters look like mom.
After Maddie was born my parents and my sister came to visit. We all went to breakfast. It was surreal looking around at a bunch of women that looked just like me. Spooky, possum.


But I have discovered how strong a person my mom is. I do not have room for all the reasons why. Ok I do, but as I said she is very private. Not because she has anything to hide but because that is how people with true class roll. Boots is old school prep. Which is not a bad thing.

My new Mantra has become "Would Boots say that?". Because as my husband pointed out, she can be quite forceful and tell you what she thinks. In a nice, genteel, southern way. Which is totally opposite than Wifford, my dad. ( think Quaker Oats,Diabeetus. That is what he looks like.)

My mother has been through all manner of craptitis with me and and my sisters. But she still loves , never disowned us, and really is truly happy when we are happy.THAT gentle readers is what being mom is all about. It is not "If Momma Ain't Happy Then Nobody Is Happy". It is " If all my chicks are at least safe and ok I can get a good nights sleep."

And Boots I need to say this: I am so sorry it took me so long to see this. But then maybe I needed the life experience. I was a Daddy's Girl you know. Sorry Dad, but I think Mom needs her due.

I love you Boots. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do. And I don't mean money. I mean thank you for being you. For being a guide as to how we should be.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, that was sweet. You're lucky to have such a great mom...and SHE'S lucky to have such a great daughter. And I'M lucky to have such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete