WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A new kinda Hell

Sucker punched in the gut. I could not breathe. No feeling in my limbs.

It could be lymphoma or cancer .

WTF??

We had a flu/summer cold /allergy thing going around the Red household. I was down for the count for a few days. So when my son started complaining of feeling achy I just assumed he had the crud.

Ok think about this:

-18

-male

-yeah……

He goes to the doc. An infection. Take these antibiotics. All will be well. Come back if you have this.

He still had this. Doc couldn’t see him. Goes to ER.

FF a few hours. He is admitted and we are being told the worst.

His kidneys are clear,but his fever still spikes.

Then the Doc starts asking about Cancer history. O m G

I did not lose it.

See, I am learning about my strengths. This is not about me however. This about my son. My precious baby boy. Who was sick enough to actually go to the doctor. They admitted him. Ok, just wanna observe. Cool Beans.

Then this am we get this woman telling me my son may have cancer. OK CRAZYDOCTOR SAY WHAT??

He is fine. Let me get that out of the way.

But in this really warped small town that we live in, there is only one hospital. It is hit or miss. It can take some yelling to get someone who knows what they are doing and can string a coherent thought together.

So let’s get back to the story. I had come back to the house to crash for 20 minutes. I just craved my bed. I had not slept well for days. So I “just layed down”. An hour later Bill wakes me up saying his fever is still spiking, he is going to the hospital and will call me. Fast forward another hour, I call my son’s girlfriend and she says Bill just left, and she would let him tell me.

Now my hubby hates hospitals, I know this. But he was trying to be diplomatic to a point. Which came and went. He fired the doc, got ours in there and lo and behold, we find out it is a super strain of mono.

I have been to a place in hell parents never want to go. And I have a new respect and grief for parents with terminally ill children.

My boy is gonna be ok. But that doc will not after I talk to administration Monday. Just sayin………

No comments:

Post a Comment