WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

4 posts in ONE!!

Not like it is some super post or anything I am just trying to catch up. It was a long weekend. We had Maddie and Logan's combined birthday partys here sunday and it was one of those non stop weekends. I just stopped. and it is tuesday. Since they live here part of the time I had to figure out where to put the new stuff. I thought I had outgrown that a while ago.
When my kids were little, we got into this easy routine over the years with birthday parties. It was always understood that grandparents and aunts and uncles would come. Other kids were optional. Even if it meant 2 parties, there was a party that was mostly adult relatives.
Because my older 2 had birthdays near Christmas ( October and November) this meant 2 things. One- there was a cleanout of closets and toyboxes. They new that the old was going to less fortunate kids. Two- Major Christmas gifts would not purchased until after the child's birthday because some one ALWAYS trumped me. This was only an issue once and it quickly became a non issue.
So back to this weekend. I am slowly getting over this major chest infection, corralling the troops to clean and decorate and work. All in the past few days. I crashed yesterday. And work beckoned today. and will for the next few days.
So I took some time today to do the "Pre Christmas" weeding that I thought I had grown out of.
I say I had grown out of,LOL. I mean that I thought that those years had passed. I am rather glad that they haven't though. Kids grow up so damn quick. They are with us such a short time when you think about it. When you are knee deep in diapers and bad report cards it seems like an eternity.




PS. I lied about the 4 posts in one. there are more coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment