WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

POST 12! For the COUNTDOWN!


Some of you who are FB friends may notice that I have been changing my profile picture a lot. There are several reasons. There is a lot going on in my family. 3 birthdays just this month. My son turned 18 on the 11th, my grandson turns 1 on the 18th and my granddaughter turns 3 on the 25th. And of course there is Halloween.

I started wanting to collect Vintage Halloween several years ago. Then decided that I could not afford it but I could still learn about it. If nothing else I could at least jack pictures of other people's stuff and keep them on my hard drive. In this house that is the best option anyway.

There are some really good sites out there and a few good books have been written. Do a search on ebay and of course you get a nice variety. There are some time periods that I like more than others of course. I love the mid 70's ( yes people THAT is considered vintage now) and the early 20's. Beistle was the company that gave us a lot of the art that we are familiar with and the honeycomb decoration. Great article here. The good thing is that a lot of the Vintage items are now in reproduction. YAY! The guy at the top of the post is the most widely recognized. Tell me that does not bring back warm fuzzy memories of childhood. Don't lie. I will know.

It makes me think of a time when all I had to worry about was making sure I got out to T an T before all the good candy was gone. That was always a concern. But before the BIG NIGHT, there was the Halloween Carnivals that all the churches and schools had. Yes our very prim and proper Methodist Church had a multi-level Haunted House in the Educational Building for a few years. Unheard of today I know. All the schools have taken to calling the functions "Fall Festivals". It is still the same but geared toward a more tamer and less demonic trend. I do not disagree with that, I am just talking about how times have changed.

Anyway, back to the Vintage Stuff. It speaks to a time when things were not majorly mass produced like they are now and even when they were there was more detail and a higher quality. Actually, some of them were innovations in new ways of mass producing, so there is a kinda paradox there, but you get my point.
I have some links for you to free ,printable Vintage Halloween Art that you can use for scrapbooking or decorating or choosing your next tattoo. Whatever. Go crazy.

4 old Fashioned Cards

Images with links to more!

Here is more from the Toymaker. There are some patterns to print that you can pair with these images too!

Free ecards with Vintage Art

No comments:

Post a Comment