WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

STUPENDOUS OCTOBER COUNTDOWN POST number 5!!

Hard to fathom that we are already 5 days into October. In 6 days, my middle child ( my bouncing baby boy) will be 18. WOW. I need to up my valium dosage on that one.

Now let's get into the swing of things! Let's get all Halloweenie!
On a budget, don't decorate, think Halloween is not worth the trouble or just don't get into it but still wanna bring back some memories of yesteryear??
Well here are a few ideas that I put together just for you.

  1. Take a gander at this list of Hallowee movies. Some can be rented from your local video store ( do they still exist?) Some are on netflix or try places like Hulu.com or Youtube.com. Some you might have to procure in not so legal ways. Just sayin. Or go to TVGuide.com and search the listings. Here is the list. kinda dated, but still.
  2. Search online for Virtual Haunted House. There are some really good ones out there.*
  3. If you have the backyard for it, plan a bonfire, make some warm drinks and try to scare the crap out of each other. This always ends well for us. ( yeah....right)
  4. Plan a night around the board game "Clue". With lots of candles and no lights.
5. Research your local history and folklore. Come up with a self guided tour of the spooky spots. These people have been on the web for a while and there is a lot of good info here.And here

*some of the good ones I have found I have linked for you ( and by good I mean tolerable). There are quite a few out there. Some are cheesy, some are really good flash, and some that seem cheesy NOW were awesome 10 years ago when they were first put up. Some even longer because I remember that kid mentioned at the start of this post on my lap while we went through them.

http://www.virginiavarela.com/Halloween/index.htm



http://www.indigo.org/lightning6.html


http://www.halloweenishere.com/hauntedhouse.html

No comments:

Post a Comment