WARNING. I DO NOT MODERATE COMMENTS. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL PROBABLY BE USED AGAINST YOU BY CRAZIES THAT LURK ON THE INTERNET.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October

IT's gonna be DAMMIT or else.
I have a file folder full of crap that I am gonna post this month. While this time of the year is awful for my bipolar ( most of my hospitalizations were in the fall and seemed to have coincided with my girly time - more on that later) It is still one of my FAVE! The weather is cooling off, you can open the house and let the clean air in,and I had my older 2 kids in October and November. For me it is just as much a time of rebirth as in the Spring. Yeah , Yeah, I know...here it comes " But Kat??? Is that not a bit sacrilegious, I mean if not against what Organized Protestants want us to think ( STOP RIGHT THERE. I am a Christian. As in WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES, YOU CAN HAVE MY CAR AND MY LAPTOP IF YOU ARE NOT MEETING JESUS WITH ME. So hush) what about what HALLMARK wants us to think? Well pshaw I say! I make my own cards anyway. And I have it on good Authority that My Lord and Savior loves rebirth any time of the year. If you need me to cite that I will be happy too.
AnyhowcanIsequethis? I am going to FORCE. I MEAN BY SHEER WILL. Force my family and all those around me to have a wonderful fall. So dear reader(s) I am going to start your October off with Bat Fellatio.
It's Halloweeny Right?

And Firefox crashed and I lost all my work. Nice.

But I will carry on.

The Ig Nobel awards were recently awarded. Get it? Ignoble. Look it up. I can wait. Got it? Ok good.

Now these are different from the Prestigious and Stuffy Nobel Prizes in a few ways:
  1. you do not get a wad of cash for "further research"
  2. ??
  3. they are awarded to scientists whose work makes people think first and then laugh later.
Here is the entire article, you can read it now or later. I am already on to something else in my day by the time you get this so whatever. I will be happy to answer questions though.
Read Away! Some icky parts about snot though.
Anyway this is the part that caught my eye :

Biology prize

A description of the sexual antics of the short-nosed fruit bat earned the award for Gareth Jones at Bristol University and collaborators in China. The team showed that females who performed oral sex on their mates copulated for longer. "It is the first documented case of fellatio by adult animals other than humans to my knowledge, and opens questions about whether female animals can manipulate males via sexual activity, perhaps in this case to improve their chances of successful fertilisation," Jones told the Guardian. He planned to demonstrate the behaviour at the ceremony using puppets.

Writing about the research for the Huffington Post last year, the primatologist Frans de Waal said: "The fellatio story on bats is a bright spot in an otherwise miserable record that denies animals the pleasure principle, homosexuality, and other forms of non-reproductive sex."


Now I could spend hours taking these few lines apart, but I won't. I did however want to comment on a few things.

The pleasure principle that animals seem to be denied. Have you people ever watched a dog lick himself for HOURS in front of the ladies from the Bible Class? Have you ever taken your offspring to the zoo and tried to explain just why that monkey was so fascinated with his own willy? Heck I have pictures from last summer of Turtle Sex. Tell me that does not take HOURS. I do not buy it that other mammals do not get pleasure. Ask my cat.

This article also brings up the age old question of endurance. Now I am not classically trained, nor am I a ho. I just read a lot. I bet if he would have talked to that Bat's old girlfriends he would have found out that he reacted to the act ( as far as it increasing the amount of time he could wing it away) he would have found that he did not always react that way. That sometimes he popped right off. Think about it.


The more you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment